Use the reversible 45° lock miter glue joint router bit to join boards at 90°. The interlocking 45° cuts will produce extremely strong joints without having to struggle to keep the boards in place during clamping. Additionally, it will provide extra gluing surface resulting in an extremely strong and durable joint. When positioned properly, the bit will cut both pieces of stock without having to adjust the bit. Simply set the center of the stock to the center of the bit. Then, cut one piece horizontally and the second one vertically. Use with stock ranging from 1/2" to 1". Two flute carbide cutters & 1/2" shank.
Router Bit Tips and Safety
- Read the following instructions completely before router bit use. Failure to comply with instructions and warnings can result in serious bodily injury.
- Always wear protective eyewear when using power tools.
- Remove router bit protective coating before use.
- Inspect and tighten router bit components before use. DO NOT USE IF ANY FUNCTIONAL ROUTER BIT COMPONENTS CONTAIN CRACKS OR LOOSE HARDWARE.
- Insert at least 50% of router bit shank into router collet.
- Test router bit setup on scrap lumber.
- Follow chart below for suggested router speeds. Larger router bits require lower RPMs.
- Larger router bits require multiple passes to achieve smooth results.
|Router Safety Speeds (RPM)|
|Bit Diameter||Maximum Speed|
|up to 1"|| 22,000 - 24,000 rpm
|1" - 2"|| 18,000 - 22,000 rpm
|2" - 2-1/2"|| 12,000 - 16,000 rpm
|2-1/2" - 3-1/2"|| 8,000 - 12,000 rpm